- Designing Fast Cross-Platform SIMD Vector Libraries plus source code, an interesting read on rolling your own vector libraries. If your looking for a bigger library you can try WildMagic or the Sony maths libraries.
- Compiler Cache helps reduce your compile times.
- Howard Yeend has an excellent tutorial on K-means clustering (ie: grouping data together, given you know how many groups you want - always a shame..)
- New DirectX SDK is out, not sure how this is exciting..
- Apple released the iPad, I have no idea if this is good. But I like the alternative, Linux-friendly iPad.
- I stumbled upon Alexandre Mutel's blog on 4k programming
- I discovered the IEEE has RSS feeds for most journals.
- nVidia have named the GF100 chips: GeForce GTX 480 and GeForce GTX 470.
- Anandtech have an
article on GF100 explaining how the CUDA centric card is also great for gaming.
- Facebook released HipHop a PHP to C/gcc conversion tool.
- Clang self-hosts! I wonder how long until it becomes a serious g++ competitor.
- Symbian OS will be open sourced, perhaps a little too late? Still, Nokia are to be admired.
- An interesting gallery of processor cache behaviour, unfortunately I don't think the author is fully qualified on this topic. Still, interesting pictures.
- The PS3 hypervisor was hacked
Look Upon Eyepot, And Weep For Mercy
1 hour ago