- Simple and Fast Multimedia Library, a SDL replacement with a few more modern concepts. (eg: shaders!)
- The OpenCL debugger, gDEBugger CL is in public beta for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.
- ATI Stream Software Development Kit (SDK) v2.01 now supports DirectX / OpenCL interoperability, plus debugging with GDB! A giant leap forward for OpenCL by AMD!
- Sander Van Rossen has put together a set of interesting posts on implementing a constructive solid geometry (CSG) system.
- OpenRL (raytracing language) has gone beta. I've not had positive experiences with Caustic so far. Wait and see I guess.
- Apparently, someone managed a 20x speedup for SQL select queries with the GPU. I guess I need to eat my words. I'm still not convinced that this is really a CPU-intensive issue. (Maybe for scheduling and retrieving flight prices - a dijkstra-like issue)
- An interesting article on the history of photoshop, never realised how humble the beginnings were, and how much influence one mans decision to allow optional extras (ie: plug-ins) played on the future of the product.
- I never realised this, butAutodesk has a massive price reduction for students, this includes 3ds Max, Maya, and AutoCAD. Wow!
Cirkus Animation ABC: Stargate studios reel: